söndag 2 augusti 2009

Sons Of Sam - Oooh He Got An Afro, 12" / Unbirth, EP (1993-1994)

RANT: Worth to mention is that I ain't running this blog to expand the number of mp3 files for you or for personal fame or whatever. I am ONLY running this blog because I want to educate the people today on what the real Hip Hop is. Hip Hop which is mixed with Soul, Jazz and Funk along with deep lyrics (on most occasions) that are meaningful. That is Hip Hop, atleast for me. Today we see people that loves Hip Hop but they are so unfamiliar how the real Hip Hop can (not saying should) sound. I know old doesn't always mean real though. I listen to a bit of new Hip Hop too. Also some people that think they know what's real but I can't blame them because today's generation doesn't get to see and learn about Hip Hop as we did on Yo!, MTV Rap, BET, etc. The music today on TV we all know is infected and I feel sorry for the young and clueless people.

I've had people coming to me and said "Damn man, I didn't know this music even
existed, thank you!" - "Damn, can't you hook me up with a mixtape CD?" etc. Then I know I've succeed on what I'm trying to accomplish as much as possible. To educate and learn the uneducated people and also the fact that the sound truly is different on a sp1200 compared to todays modern recordings. Also I'd like to say that I don't have these EP's, 12"'s, CD's and LP's but they were once shared onto the internet, thus they are avaliable for download and to hear out on. If you don't like that I don't have the stuff I upload then get the fuck out of here. If I had the money I would build the worlds largest collection if I could and if I had the power I would make this being played on radio too, but I ain't got that power and I aint got that money, you know. /1 love, Peace.

I had a request to upload Sons of Sam so I figured I'd do that! - If you aren't familiar with Sons of Sam here's a short bio:

Sons of Sam are Samson and Xav which are from Burlington, New Jersey. Their first release is called "Oooh He Got An Afro" and was released 1993 on Workshop Records. This 12 inch became a collectors piece and I can understand why.



It has that early Jersey flava with the rugged rhymes along with a jazzy production. Perfect! The winner for me is defenetly "Oooh He Got An Afro" - What about yours? I'm sorry by the way that the instrumental is missing. But I'll do my best to get it for those who want it, myself included.

Download VLS

..16 years later it came to the news that an EP with 6 previously unreleased tracks recorded between 1993 and 1994 were going to be released called "The Unbirth EP" on Vinyl Addicts. This EP is, just as their first release very dope & has the same jazzy Jersey flava we all love so much and want more of. Thanks Vinyl Addicts & Sons of Sam!
Those who got the cash & loves Hip Hop should defenetly grab a copy if you see this around because it is a limited release.



My winner is "Move Fakin'" - Great track! What do you think? Oh, and thanks to tape maniak that he shared his picture of his scan. Much more dope with a scan!

Download EP

Here is some more Sons of Sam for you and as far as I know at least Xav is still in the making of music if you check his Myspace out!

And here is a movie clip with Xav and Samson talking about the EP and some more:



Thanks to the ones who originally shared these onto the intraweb!

1 kommentar:

  1. just wanted to let you know that we reissued the 1st 12" with a slightly different tracklist. check our blog...

    http://prom8nly.blogspot.com/

    peace

    SvaraRadera