måndag 10 augusti 2009

Phat Pockets - The Hustle Goes On, CD (1997)

Life is hectic, but the hustle goes on..

Yo peepz! What's good? I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was great! Anyway, lets skip the trash talk because I hate it and I bet you all does that as well. Lets just keep it at the music instead, hehe.

Did you enjoy the Ill Biskits I posted? I sure hope so! Today I'll post another album which has been played very frequently for me the last months or so. And as I said about the Ill Biskit album I say about this one as well: You won't find ANY avrage or weak track on this either. Isn't that just great?

It's a group called "Phat Pockets" which are L-Rock and the producer Oh Jay. These guys made a lot of Hip Hop back in the days. And some people may know Oh Jay from Dope Posse and/or Family Jewels. If someone want I'll try to post some stuff later on by those groups. Either way, these guys have been in the game for mad long and contributed with a lot of very dope Hip Hop troughout the years. Respect!

Phat Pockets from the Netherlands and you will defenetly see me post more Hip Hop which are from that country because they had some really dope and slept on shit which I think should be recognized more. This album were released in 1997 on Djax Records which had groups such as 24K and Dope Posse on the same label. You should defenetly check out more Hip Hop from the Netherlands. You won't get disapointed!

Here is the track "The Hustle Goes On" which is the winner track for me as a preview:



Don't mind the cover I used. I couldn't find the original copy so I used a random dope vinyl record cover of "da germ", lol. What do you think about the album guys? Hit me back in the comment section what you think about the album or with whatever. As I said in my first post - The more feedback I get the more I will post. It keeps me motivated and I tell you that motivation is something you need to run a blog. If you want something posted on this blog just hit me up in the chatbox or comment section and I'll more than gladly post it if I have it, but the shit betta be good, ya huurd!

Download CD

Thanks to the one who originally shared this onto the intraweb!

4 kommentarer:

  1. Very dope ! I'd never heard before.
    "Rainbow In The Sky" & "No Tears For Fears" are specially good with a joint =)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Dope indeed :) Glad I got to introduce it to you!

    And yeah, those two tracks are top! Gotta love the chillax beats on this album, for sure!

    Peace.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Crazy, I was just going through some old CD's and Phat Pockets-NO Tears For Fears was on it, you aREAL, please send me an e-mail, I have some tracks I need ID's for thanks man.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Lol you and that Da Germ pic haha, the LP cover is here...

    http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1449293

    SvaraRadera