lördag 1 augusti 2009

Big O - Shmoov Wit Da Ruffness, 12" (1996)

Sup peepz, hope you're enjoying your weekend. Mine's been relaxing! Have been taken it shmoov wit da ruffness, you know!

Today I'll post a dope wax from a cat called Big O. He's from Brooklyn, New York and this was released in 1996. I think this is his only release which is too bad because this shit is both smooth & rough! Just the way we like it. This was released on Blackwiz Records, a label which pretty much only released deep house music and some trance. How and why Big O got onto that label, i don't know.

My winner is the "Schmoov Mix". What about yours? I know this was covered on another blog but people wanted the instrumentals too so I figured I'd post this.

Oh and look at this review on the label from this swedish guy: "Please be aware of the "Shmoov Wit Da Ruffness" release which is a terrible attempt to record a Hip Hop 12"." - What a fucking idiot. Now I feel a bit ashamed for being swedish, damn.



Download full VLS

Thanks to the one who originally shared this onto the intrawebz!

1 kommentar:

  1. YO! I FOUND THIS RECORD TODAY AND FUKING LOVE IT MAN! DECIDED TO REMIX IT USING THE ACAPELLA(GET AT ME IF U WANA HEAR IT-tomjdyer@googlemail.com)BUT WOT U SAID ABOUT THAT GUY SAYIN ITS WAK!!! SO STRANGE, I JUS READ THE SAME THING ON DISCOGS AND THOUGHT WHAT A DIK WHICH LED ME TO LOOK FURTHER WHICH IS HOW I CAME ACCROSS THIS! NICE WORK MAN
    PEACE

    SvaraRadera