torsdag 13 augusti 2009

100X - Beyond The Door, 12" (1994), Fast Loot Tactics, EP (1996), Whom Shall I Fear?, LP (2009)

ain't no turnin' back once u enta da jungle, now who da fuck wanna rumble!?

Sup folkz, how ya' doin? As always I hope you're all good! Sit tight and...ehm, i mean open your window, turn them speakers up, stand the fuck up and prepare for another dope post! ^,,^

I'm going to be covering 3 releases by the merciless 100X and I'm going to start off with their first release and so forth. People who doesn't know who they are and love Hip Hop have defenetly missed something. And how you could have missed this sick ass posse I don't know. If people want their early stuff & some other stuff say so and I might be able to give you that but I won't blog it. I'm covering their best (in my opinion) releases eventhough "The Pain" is a sick ass track which won't be included.

Short bio: 100X are from Philadelphia and has been in the game since the late 80's eventhough they did most of their stuff in the early 90's. This crew consists of 7 people, the very talented producer L.E. Square (his Myspace), Mustafo, Lex Ruger, Bad Newz, Mal Blak, Lamar Supreme and G Masica.

If you want a more in depth review of this dope philly group I highly suggest you click HERE. Now, lets go on to the music instead...(I hope you've opened up the windows & turned up your speakers by now).

Here is their first release called "Beyond The Door" and as all of their tracks it has that grimey and raw style with a crispy & amazing production by L.E. Square. This was released on X-Calibre' Street in 1994. My favorite track is without any doubt the "Beyond The Door" track, what about you? Oh, and as you can hear it's an almost identical production as the unreleased "Whatta You Know" track by Cypress Hill but L.E. Square imo did it better eventhough Muggs truly is one of the best producers in the game, but L.E. Square is in the same league, if not better.



Download full VLS

Next up are their second release which is called "Fast Loot Tactics" and this was released in 1996 on X-Calibre' Street too. I would say this EP is my favorite release. I don't know how much I've banged my head to this EP, but it's a lot I can tell you. My winner is the "Fast Loot Tactics" track. Fucking bang this shit on your local party & spread that rough & rugged realness! Whoes the winner for you?



Download full EP

Last but not least I'm going to cover one of their 3 releases which are from 2009. The actual tracks though were recorded between 1993-1995. This LP is called "Whom Shall I Fear?" and was released some month back on Freestyle Records. A label which you defenetly should check out more releases on - You won't get disapointed I promise!
I've only listened to half of this LP and man, this is some really really dark & grimey horrorcore. It cannot get any more dark than this. You need a break after half the LP because it's so dope! Not going to write anything more apart from that the "Gory Jungle" track is the winner so far for me, but take it easy with this track, haha. Don't play it when you're angry, drunk or for kids and/or mentally volatile people, lol.



Now..I've always been a fan of Horrorcore but this is something extra in that genre. This LP truly kills every other horrorcore I've ever heard & I've heard a lot troughout the years. What do you think?

Download full LP

Thanks to the ones who originally shared these onto the intrawebz!

1 kommentar:

  1. Oh shit thanks for upz !
    "Gory Jungle" make me mad !
    Some of 100x track are so dark or so smooth, it's interesting.
    For me the best track from them are "Flower In The Attic" the instrumental is dope!

    SvaraRadera