tisdag 1 september 2009

Shorty Long - Shorty'z Doin' His Own Thang, 12" (1994) / You Know It's Good Baby, 12" (1996) / The South Boogie EP (2008)

Sup peeps, how you doing? Gonna drop some madness on ya'll today as well because I am sick & bored. I hope I didn't catch the swine-flu :E

Today I'm going to cover Shorty Long, which is a rapper from Bronx, New York with connection to the famous D.I.T.C. and especially Lord Finesse. I might as well cover all of his releases because they are all dope.

First up is his first release called "Shorty'z Doin' His Own Thang". This was released in 1994 on Long Shorr Records. My winner is on the A-side below:



Classic Lord Finesse production. Gotta love it!

Download full VLS

Next up is his second release called "You Know It's Good Baby" which was released in 1996 on the same label. The winner for me is defenetly on the B-side called "Let's Get At It...":



Mike Smooth on the production!

Download VLS (Sorry there are no instrumentals on this.) FUCK! Anyone got the full rip? Holla.

Next up is the limited EP called The South Boogie EP. This was released in 2008 on One Leg Up Records. Check out the releases on that label! Winner for me on this EP is "Be Alright" track, no doubt:



As you can hear from the previous track it is Mike Smooth on the production again. Smoothness!

Download full EP

Thanks to the ones who originally shared these onto the intrawebz!

PS: This was a request post.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar