måndag 21 juni 2010

Empty Pockets - Letters From The Field, Casette (1999)


Not long since I last posted but what the hell.. I figured I'd post this tape for you by Empty Pockets since I had a request to share this. It's pretty dope being from '99 (if I am allowed to put it like that, lol). There are some bangers as well as one or two laid back joints which are buttahz! You'll know which ones.

I guess a lot of people knows who Empty Pockets are since they got 4 other releases (Who Got The Mottz ('93), Illusions / All Fo Nothin ('96) & On 'E' / Marvelous ('99). They also released an album in '95 titled 'Who Got The Mottz'. They were down with a crew called 'Small Town' (Smalltown MC'z?) if I'm not totally mistaken. Empty Pockets consists of two brothers, Cello & G. LOX as well as JoeDamSelf which all three hails from Albuquerque, New Mexico. However they all went to highschool in Arizona which was where the whole interest around Hip Hop started for them back in '89.

So why do I write all this when I usually don't when doing a post? - Because I've had like 25 different people asking me where these guys comes from on YouTube, no kidding. So now you all know!

Nodyahed2diz:


5 kommentarer:

  1. Oh shit, I only recently, like last year, learned of their maybe 95 or 96 album and now this?! Nice!! Thanks for sharing aReal.

    SvaraRadera
  2. You're welcome Verge. There's a solo album from JoeDamSelf too which I am trying to find.

    SvaraRadera
  3. LOVE THIS TAPE!!!! Greetz from Germany

    SvaraRadera
  4. Damn these are my homies from Az. I have the small town mcs tape but I need this one. Can anybody plug me in? Even my homies don't have a copy

    SvaraRadera